When Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter was originally released, it was heavily criticized for being extremely buggy. After a year of patches, bug fixes, and DLC, Sword of the Stars II: Enhanced Edition is being released today. This more stable version of the game will include all the previous DLC and an expansion pack.
The expansion pack, titled “End of Flesh,” adds in the race “Loa.” The Loa are shape shifting artificial intelligences and can live on just about every planetary climate. Once enslaved, the Loa are now free to roam and seek revenge against their old masters.
In thanks for sticking with them, the devs at Kerberos and Paradox are giving the owners of the normal edition of SOTS II the End of Flesh expansion for free. Sword of the Stars II: Enhanced Edition is available from most digital retailers for $20.
The features of the Sword of the Stars II: Enhanced Edition include:
- The Loa race with a new drive for their ships: the Neutrino Pulse Gate
- Over 25 new technologies and a new tech tree for cybernetics
- 10 new weapons and attack systems
- Expanded ship building options for all six original factions, including new Leviathan class ships
- 2 new independent races
- New random encounters and mission types
- All previously released faction-based DLC
Here’s the release video: