The latest installment of Scribblenauts, Scribblenauts Unlimited, is working its way to Europe. This new adventure will hit Europe on February 8th for the Wii U, 3DS, and 3DS XL. Scribblenauts, where almost everything you can imagine can be dropped into the game, is a creative puzzler game. In this episode the story has a little more focus: during the adventure helping people and getting Starites, Maxwell’s parents, his sister Lily, and his notepad are put into focus.
Scribblenauts Unlimited has an open world this time, instead of the linear story progression. It has eight worlds and forty-one levels each with their own objectives. Some tasks are like helping the police catch a thief or helping a shipwrecked couple on a tropical island. As long as the characters are happy, Maxwell gets one of the Starites. Along with a feature called a “Merit Board,” the new ‘Starite Vision’ helper shows the location of nearby Starites and objectives. In total, there are fifty Starites and 500 Starite Shards. There is an expected twenty hours per playthrough, with much more if the world is treated as a playground. There is also a “Magic Backpack” which stores the recently created items for easy and quick access later.
These are the Wii U features:
- Object Creation and Sharing: Wii U players can create their own custom items to use in game, instead of normal objects like a ‘flying, angry, Nyan cat.’ With the new Object Creator, everything can be modified: colors, shape, parts, size, and even physical properties. On top of that, there is also a script creator so the object can have its own actions in the Scribblenauts world. Other avatars can be met in game and players can share creations with each other and store them in the Backpacks.
- Nintendo Themed Bonus Content: There are dozens of characters from the Zelda and Mario Bros. series.
- Multiplayer Mode: Players can drop in and take control with a Wii Remote.
- HD Graphics: For the first time, see Scribblenauts in high-definition. For easier gameplay, the screen can be zoomed in on.
- StreetPass: See solutions and creations used by other players encountered.
- 3D Cinematics: See the in-game cinematics in 3D.