Dead Space 3 is getting an exclusive release and it provides a view of the behind-the-scenes work at Visceral Games. Visceral Games and Treehouse Brand Stores are collaborating together to release a “Dev Team Edition.” The Dead Space 3 development team has created a master set of clues, art/illustrations, and some of the more personal inspiration of the developers. It is available for pre-purchase now: the extra content with the game for $160 (£100) in NA, or without the game for $100 (£63).
Steve Patpoutsis, Vice President and General Manager of Visceral Games, said “We’re super excited to team-up with Treehouse and make something extra special for gamers that have been supporting us since the first Dead Space game. We, as a development team, really wanted to put our personal touch on these exclusive items so that they feel authentic and meaningful to our passionate fan base.”
The Dead Space 3: Dev Team Edition comes with the following:
- Dead Space 3: Limited Edition (North America Only): Comes with the First Contact and Witness the Truth packs.
- Tin Collector’s Case: Nearly 14″ by 9″ the tin comes covered in trivia, and is debossed with full-color art by Creative Director Ben Wanat and UI Designer Dino Ignacio
- Serrano’s Journal: Dr. Earl Serrano’s journal full of clues and artwork of his discoveries of the Tau Volantis and exclusive content by Story Producer Chuck Beaver.
- Art Book: a 4.75″ x 6.5″ hardbound book of ninety-six pages of full-color art and more exclusive content from Art Director Alex Muscat.
- Flip Book “Data Pad”: A 10″ x 7″ book with a metal cover. It has nine image sets made with clear PET cover sheets over heavyweight cardstock. It is designed to be a functional version of the HUD designed by Dino Ignacio.
- Marker Statue: An 8″ hand sculpted Marker Statue coated in metallic paint to replicate the appearance of an in-game Black Marker.
- Med-Pack: The in-game med-pack has been reproduced as a 14 oz. PET water bottle.
- Poster Pack: A set of three 5″ x 10″ single-sided posters replicating in-game posters seen around Dead Space 3.
- Postcard Set: A set of six 3.75″ x 6″ Peng-themed postcards double-sided with Dead Space art and related address information.
Dead Space 3 will feature a drop-in/drop-out style co-op campaign. That campaign will feature a little more extra content; like story details, side missions, and co-op mechanics found only when playing as ‘John Carver.’ Dead Space 3 will be released on February 8th. For players that want to take on the darkness and terror early, there will be a playable demo released on the Xbox Live Marketplace on January 22nd, and January 23rd for the Playstation Network.
Here is the announcement trailer: